12/27/2009

Take breath, bow deeply and burn this stage to you heart



Today Asako, Sena Jun, has retired as sienne.

Asako, who with Osa got me interested in Takarazuka.
Otokoyaku with versatile vocal range, so that she could potray Elisabeth and with charisma next to no one.

First I saw her as Bill from Me and My Girl running and goofing around tricking me to think that she is top notch comedy sienne, which she of course is, but she can do serious roles too. Then Luigi Lutcheni fron Elisabeth, so wicked, so crazy. Again Elisabeth (play), this time as title character, really shocking me. Yes, I don't deny that I don't like otokoyaku playing such a big female role, but I got to say she did the part really well. And then she played dear Der Tod/Death. It was so strange watching the actor who I've seen (and adored) as little bit simple and good-natured Bill play character like Death, and Asako played him as very cold and...Well, cold. Now I'm trying to watch Ernest in Love, her first role as Top. And I'm planning to order Last Play someday.
Maybe it's just my nature that gets easily attracted to person/things/etc, but I feel bit sad about her retirement. I don't like to even try to imagine how it feels to those who has watched her as little bud, blooming into Flower that shines under Moonlight (sorry about bad pun).

(once upon a time, there were Osa and Asa)





She left huge boots for Kiriyan to fill. But I trust that sienne, who almost made me believe that Franz Joseph actually isn't so boring character, can do it. Ganbatte, Kiriya-san!

Sadly, I think I won't be following Moon Troupe so much anymore. Not only did Asa retire, but also Ahi and Ai-chan. I really liked Ahi, though sometimes (read; most of the time) she sounded little bit like...Sheep. But somehow it didn't bother me so much. Plus she during this year's Elisabeth, she was switching between Rudolph and one of the color coded Hungarian revolutionist and that's ultimate combo of awesomeness.
And Ai-chan...I thought she would make lovely combi with Kiriyan. I don't usually notice musumeyakus that much, but Ai just got my attention, first as one of those little Deaths/mermaid prostitute (don't ask) at Elisabeth (2005).

And like this isn't enough, Yumiko is retiring 25th of April and Ayane 30th of April. There has also been rumours about Chika retiring during this year, which would mean that Snow Troupe's nibante (Yumiko) and top otokoyaku (Chika) would retire. And then who would become new top? But anyway, if the rumours are true, then Snow Troupe has very interesting year ahead.

Now more than ever, in midst of all this retiring business, I really hope that Yuuhi-kun won't retire for long time (though Cosmos is notorious for it's short staying tops. Minus Wao and Hana of course).



<3

No comments:

Post a Comment