12/26/2009

Anata ga ikitaiyo...

Yes, I've had Wao/Hana day. Really, they are THE Golden Combi for me. They just have that something. Of course both of them are great siennes by them own skills and merits, but when together they just have that sparkle that adds something more. And imo Hana is the best musumeyaku I've seen and her stats/months are next to none; she debutet during 1991 and at 1993 she became Top Star for Snow Troupe (she was only 20 years old) and lasted here for 46 months, until she was transferred to brand new Troupe, Cosmos,at 1998 from where she graduated at 2006, after being here for 102 (!!) months. She was Tops Star for 148 months/around 12/13 years. Believe or not, her , at least, Top Musumeyaku career is the longest in company's history, and I wonder if there's has been any otokoyakus as top longer than she had. Also Wao's career as top otokoyaku has been one of the longest ones.

I wish I could pinpoint what is *the* thing that makes them so great, but I just can't. Maybe I have found some things, but they're like trying to throw a ball to basket at dark, just lucky guesses that might hit, but more likely won't.
For me it feels like Wao had so much passion that was skillfully kept under control. Of course probably over 90% of siennes also have passion. But Wao's seems to be somehow...Different. And when she needed that extra amount...Just whoom. Like as Manrico, from Kiss to the Flames. Everytime I watch one spesific scene I almost start crying (of course Hana also plays big part at that).
And Hana...She comes, she charms you, does her job and you'll be like 'Wow...Wait, what the heck just happened'. She really can take the stage when she needs.


(I don't know the name of the song(s), but it's from Kiss to the Flames, that scene that makes me almost cry)



And so that at least my eyes won't stay dry, Wao and Hana as Phantom and Christine from, suprise suprise, Phantom of the Opera. And yay, subtitles.



Now I'm off to dry my eyes. Excuse me

No comments:

Post a Comment