1/15/2010

...And then we can just reminisce their smiles

I don't know if it's partly because of things going on currently in my (personal) life and this is kind of like my way to process that, but I've had couple of very scary realisations about Zuka retirements.
Of course those realisations are partly caused by news of Chika's retirement. I'm still kinda...Well, not actually completely realised it. Yes, Asa (and Ahi and Ai-chan) was my first 'siennes' that I like retires' moment, but it was already been announced when Asa will retire when I actually found Takarazuka's magical world and both Ahi and Ai-chan came to the scene just about week before their retirement (or actually, I will write bit about Ahi later in this post. That is if ever get to that point). Yes, I like Asa hundred times more than Chika, but I still like her and haven't have proper time to investigate her since there's been so much other things going on with Zuka. I bet if I looked more of her performances I might like her quite much. Her retirement annoucement is first I have "experienced" and, well, somehow I feel like when Chika will leave, there isn't anymore connection between present Snow Troupe and Komu. I mean, they were Top-nibante combi and even though Tom is still in Senka....Well, she is 'The Senka Goddess'. Though she has been fading little bit during last couple of years.
And really, Komu and Yumiko are the reasons for me being interested about Snow Troupe and now with Komu having been retired for around four years and Yumiko retiring there really isn't any reason for me to follow Yuki anymore. Of course, barring who will become next Top and nibante.

And then, my Flower Troupe's Fantastic Four; Osa, Asa, Yumiko and Un-chan (I know that Asa left to Moon by the time Un-chan transferred to Flower, but still I call them that since all four of them either originates from Flower or have made the biggest roles there). Osa retired, Asa retired, Yumiko going to retire and I don't know how long it will be before Un-chan retires since this marks her third year as Top and usually Top stays at that position around 2-3 years.
Each of them played big part when it comes to intriguing my Zuka interest; Osa as Phantom was my first Takarazuka clip I saw and it was love at first sight, then came Asa's Bill and after that Appartement Cinema with Osa, Yumiko and Un-chan. Of course, Colden Gombi also plays a big part, but without those four...They're the reason I became hooked in the first place.
And Ayane, my first musumeyaku love <3 I just can't/don't want to believe she also will retire this year.

There's so much more I'd like to write about retirement things, but the more I think the more confused I'll become. And it makes my head (and heart) hurt. And it's just mid January.

On lighter note, I purchased two Zuka DVDs from fellow European fan. First one is Higher than the Sky of Paris/Fancy Dance (starring Asa, Mihoko, Yuu-kun, Kiriyan, Maa-kun and Seri (aka the kind of cute, round faced otokoyaku) to name few). It is pretty much my Moon Dream Team.
....And...
Me and my girl hanarenai~ Yes, Me and My Girl, year 2008 Moon Troupe's version. It's not epic like Elisabeth or Phantom, but still it has place in my heart for reasons that are hard to explain. And the thing about Ahi...I watched the beginning of this play last autumn and thought that the otokoyaku with vest is kind of cute though her singing voice isn't that pleasant. And guess what, I realised just today that otokoyaku is actually no one else but dear Ahi.


(~Me and my girl lalalaa~)

No comments:

Post a Comment